For the last 5 weeks I have been training for the Richmond Half Marathon in November. I’ve also been doing PiYo, a Beachbody program that I can do in my own home at my own convenience. Here’s what I love about PiYo so far:
- It’s all low impact. No jumping or pounding on my knees.
- I’m getting stronger without weights. Using time under tension techniques and body weight, you are able to strengthen your muscles.
- I’m toning and sculpting and I love how much more flexible I am.
- Thus far in my training I have stayed injury free. I have arthritic knees so they bother me when I run and when I do squats and lunges (which there are a lot of in PiYo), however I just don’t go as deep and I am still getting the strength effect.
- The workouts aren’t boring. There are 2 more “traditional” yoga/pilates workouts, but you don’t hold poses. You “flow” through them and you’re constantly moving.
- I sweat. A lot. I love that because it makes me feel accomplished.
- My cats think I’m crazy 🙂
I love this program so much that I’m going to start a PiYo group on Facebook starting September 28th because I want runners and athletes everywhere to see the benefits for them. If you want to join us, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so you can claim your spot!
What you’ll get:
- PiYo DVD program
- 30 days of Shakeology
- Access to me and other runners who are joining us for motivation and support
Why not give it a try and see how it can affect your pace, your strength and flexibility, and your body overall? If you’re not happy after 30 days, you can return it and get your money back! Guaranteed 🙂
If you’re excited to try it, just click HERE to order so you’ll receive your package in time to start with us on September 28th! I can’t wait!!