WOW! I am so glad I found this recipe and don’t you know I’ll be using this a lot more often. I was looking for something I could make for lunches for me to eat now that I work from home.
I am a simple food person. I don’t like things to be complicated. I’m also someone who can eat the same thing for a meal several days in a row. If it’s an easy “leftover” and simple to reheat. These don’t even have to be reheated!!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble turkey as it cooks; drain excess fat and set aside.
- Add garlic, bell pepper, and onion to the saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger and ground turkey until well combined.
- Add rice and green onion and gently toss to combine.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of turkey mixture into center of the lettuce leaf, taco style.